Harpist NI Colleen Rose McCabe
“I have been a harp student for a few years now and for the past 2 years Colleen Rose has been my tutor. Under her direction I have really enjoyed developing my playing and experimenting with some beautiful new chords sequences and accompaniments. Colleen Rose has been enthusiastic and dedicated in composing new arrangements for the traditional pieces that I love and in helping me build my repertoire. Most of all, I have enjoyed the lessons and the special rapport which a shared love of music brings. I have been so privileged to have been her student.”
Ann Conley, Portstewart.
"You've been a marvellous teacher for Eva, and given her so much support and encouragement - THANK YOU...and very best wishes for everything you do next."
Eva, Vicki and Gerry, Coleraine.
"Colleen Rose, many thanks for all your hard work with Marianne and myself this year. We have both really enjoyed learning to play the harp with you."
Janet and Marianne, Belfast
"Thank you so much for your beautiful performance that really added perfectly to our day. It will never be forgotten!"
Katie and Tom, Belfast
"Where can I begin to give my thanks for what you have contributed to my wedding day? I was overwhelmed by everything on the day, but it helped to know that I didn't need to worry about my guests when we were running late for the photographs! Thank you for staying for that extra time and entertaining all of our guests. They have all commented about your beautiful playing. Thank you again!"
Linda and Mark, Donegal
Comments from examiners of LCM and Trinity on my pupils playing -
- A lovely flowing pace with a good sense of phrase
- Lovely sense of swing, rhythmic playing, well done!
- Skillfully played with nice accompaniment
- The tempo was judged effectively and the momentum was sustained. The chords were played with cohesion and precision
- The tone was sweet and clear
- The balance between the melody and accompaniment was musically realised and showed understanding of the structure - very good
- Very well played with musical understanding and skill
- Flowed with accuracy, confidence and musicality
- A pleasing sense of direction and purpose - excellent
- This flowed easily, expressively and sensitively.
- The tone was rounded, full and clear.